Before I send you a quote
What I’d like to know from you and what you get from me
If you’d like me to quote for some photographic work, there are a few things it would help me to know from you in order to best meet your needs.
There are also a few things you should know about my services and what I can do for you, when asking about my prices.
I’ve included some more details of what you’ll get for your money and a brief summary of my terms and conditions.
Your photography quote
If you’ve read my commercial photography prices you’ll already know your price will depend on the size of the job and your needs.
You can try and estimate how long I’ll take to complete your photos and therefore how much it will cost you, but I often find clients over-estimate how long it will take us so I always prefer to send a quotation.
I can also offer special rates for extended work, but I don’t publish these prices on my website and only provide them as part of a formal quote once I know the details of the work.
What I need to know before I can send an accurate quote
- What exactly do you want me to photograph
- Where is the shoot is taking place – just a rough address (or addresses) is fine so we know if there are any travel costs I need to quote for
- Will the shoot involve multiple sites – if so, roughly how many
- Will the job require more than one visit – if so roughly how many and over what time scale
- What are you going to use the final images for – web, print, editorial, general promotion etc
- Will you be using your images for an international print/billboard marketing campaign
It would also be helpful if you could tell me …
- What your photographs need to communicate
- If you have a clear idea of how the photos should look – if you’ve got any examples to share with me that would be great
- If you’ll you be passing your photos onto a third party who are working on your behalf
- If you are you working on behalf of a third party
- What my deadline is for getting the job done for you
- If you have a set budget for the project
If you’re unsure about any of this, please do ask?
What I need to tell you
Here are some things you need to know about Finchley Thompson Photography before asking me for a quotation.
The legal bit
My full Terms & Conditions can be found here and I do advise you take a look at them in their entirety, but – briefly – here’s some things you need to know know:
- My payment terms are 28 days from the date of the invoice – which will be emailed to you once I’ve sent you your images
- Use of the images is dependent on payment of the invoice in full
- I always retain copyright but you will be provided with a generous Image Use License, which will usually allow you to use your images to promote your business via any medium – digital or print – for as long as you like
If you have any specific requirements, please do ask for clarification?
What you’ll get for your money
- My time, skills and equipment
- A gallery of proof images: I believe you should have the opportunity to choose from a wide selection of images, although I will not send you anything that I don’t consider to be of an excellent technical standard – so nothing out of focus or badly lit
- Processing of your selected images – edited for optimal colour rendition, white balance, brightness, contrast, sharpness and, as necessary, corrected for geometry.
- Supply of your final images – usually electronically, but USB sticks/CDs/DVDs are available on request
- A license to use your images – I do not normally place any time restrictions on how long you can use the images or how many times you use them, BUT there may be restrictions on HOW you use them and these will be detailed in your quote (this restriction usually only applies to large scale, world-wide, non-web advertising campaigns) More about my licensing
- Storage of images in a private password protected gallery on my website. Images are also triple backed-up on and off my site.
- Post production advice – if you’re struggling to make best use of your images, let me know, I am here to help
- Public Liability Insurance up to £5 million
If you have any questions that I haven't answered please get in touch using one of the contact methods below. I'm here to help